Saturday 13 June 2009

Ana Esther’s Blog
Hi, welcome to the Official Blog of Brazilian writer Ana Esther!
Here you’ll find heaps of news about my works: the characters, the stories, the books, the drawings and the future projects! Feel free to post your comments and suggestions. I’d love to read them all… and in case you recommend my blog to your friends –then the sky’s the limit to my happiness!
So, here we goooo!

Ana Esther

.

Would you like to send me a message?
pelicanaesther@gmail.com

.
PROFILE

Full name: Ana Esther Balbão Pithan
Home town: Erechim, RS (Brazil)
Birthday: 21st March

This is the story of my life. I was born in Erechim, a small town in Rio Grande do Sul the southernmost State of Brazil. But at the age of 2 my family (mum and dad) moved to another small town, Caxias do Sul. At the age of 6 we moved on to Porto Alegre, the capital city, where we lived for a long time.
.
I grew up to be quite a good student and a book lover!!! I also used to love drawing and painting but found out my artistic talents were, hum… well, arguable. Later on I went to University to take a degree in Letters. Wow, during my Uni years I ‘created’ a long lasting friend, the Pelican (see The Pelican entry for details). When I graduated… I got totally lost! What shall I do now?
.
So, I left my love for writing and drawing behind and plunged into the serious working world for years on end. I almost drowned were it not for the Pelican who rescued me back to life and enlightenment: I finally assumed my mission in life! I became a writer… who loves illustrating her own works. My childhood dream seems to be taking over. Such is the wisdom of ‘deep-inside’ intuition!
.
Nowadays, I live in Florianópolis (in the State of Santa Catarina, Brazil) but I’ve lived also in Passo Fundo (Rio Grande do Sul), in England (Bournemouth and Stratford-upon-Avon) and Australia (Sydney). So far I’ve got 10 books published, some stories in literary papers and on a literary site on the net and lots of wonderful characters!

*

SURPRISE - SURPRISE

I've joined the American site BOOKSIE and now you can visit me there as well and read some of my texts in English!
I'd love to get comments from everybody, so don't hesitate... just go for it! Only effort you need is to click here:


The rest is just fun!



 A Tip 4U... 


I've got a Blog in Portuguese! In case you do speak Portuguese just go for it…


Click here= http://pelicanaesther.blogspot.com


Or if you have Portuguese-speaking friends or acquaintances, please, tell them to have a look at it as well...


.
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Ana Esther,
I have just read your blog. Thank you for sharing it with me and my sincere congratulations - it is really "bacana"! Well presented and in excellent English.
Best wishes,
Louise